7 PMS Hacks To Remember For Life3 minute
PMS(premenstrual syndrome) affects almost 85% of women who experience periods. It is real and it exists. It has a number of symptoms and is still growing. Around the world, women experience it differently. The most common symptoms include bloating, joint pain, headaches, cramps, junk food cravings, increased anxiety, acne and nausea. It starts 3-4 days before your menses or can begin even a week before your menses. In some (rare) cases, it can also stay throughout the course of your period.
I have witnessed first-hand, that it is hard to endure and sometimes gets real bad. It feels like there is a world war going on in your uterus, so to offer help, I have jotted down a few PMS life hacks for you so that you can handle it all with grace and poise (Or not):
- Keep Moving- Moving yourself is the most effective way to help you with PMS. Take a walk, or just dance in your room, ride a bicycle. You can try some stretching exercises and you can find some yoga postures on YouTube which aim to help eradicate cramps.
- Keep some hand warmers in your pants- If you are just at home then you can try a heating pad around your belly or in the back of your waist area. But if you have to go to school or work, then stick some hand warmers in the waistband of your pants. They work like mini heating pads and help soothe the uterus.
- Let your pets take care of you- if you own a cat or a dog. Then let them curl up on your belly and rest. The vibration and the warmth will help you with cramps and bloating.
- Have some raspberry tea- It not only tastes good but helps you with cramps. It also helps in case of heavy flow. So whenever you feel uncomfortable during your PMS just brew yourself a nice cup of raspberry tea.
- Let orgasms help- Don't shy away from sex because having an orgasm during PMS helps a lot. It helps ease abdominal cramps and keeps your hormones in check. If you don't wish to have sex, you can always masturbate to ease the pain.
- A Hot bath- A hot bath during PMS always does the trick. Treat yourself to a nice bubble bath experience. You can add bath salts as well as chamomile in your bath. Just lie down and let it do the work for you. If water gets cold, make it hot again until the war inside your uterus disappears. This also helps with getting a good night's sleep..
- Eat healthy and find your go to ritual- Eat magnesium rich foods. Find your PMS ritual and stick to it. Like Netflix, food , hot bath or exercise. Because once your body and mind is adjusted then you don't have to keep fighting every month. You can just lay out the same plan every month.
( workout tip- during PMS and periods your breasts become super sensitive. So during exercise if your nipples are bothering you, just place some cotton between your nipples and your bra. Works like magic.)
It is in fact true that PMS is a part of your life and you cannot get rid of it. But if you try these PMS life hacks, you will have an easy and bearable period. If you know any PMS/period life hacks that help you, feel free to let us know in the comment section!