What's Buzzing This Week?2 minute
Here’s your weekly dose of news update from us!
1. Over ₹25000 crore has been sanctioned to more than 1.14 lakh accounts under the Stand Up India scheme.
2. These tribal women from Madhya Pradesh are scripting their own success stories - one saree at a time.
3. The Indian Women’s League 2021 which was to be held in Odisha has been postponed indefinitely by the AIFF due to the rising cases of COVID-19 in the state.
4. The Indian women’s 4x100m relay team will make its World Athletic Relays debut in Poland.
5. Women, youth, lower-skilled workers and emerging economies have been hit harder by COVID-19: IMF
6. Shikha Pandey enters the top ten bowlers’ list while Mithali Raj and Mandhana retain their respective spots in the ICC Women ODI rankings.
7. India contributes $300,000 to UN Women for gender equality & women empowerment.
8. A 118-Year-Old woman from Madhya Pradesh has received her first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
9. With only 8 women Supreme Court judges in 70 years, an association of women’s lawyers have approached the Supreme Court with a plea to appoint more meritorious women as judges.
10. Women voters have outnumbered men in the 4th phase polls of the West Bengal elections.