A Tasty and Healthy Recipe - Ragi Chilla!3 minute
(You can read this Blog in Hindi here)
By Ruchi Sharma
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It gives you the energy to keep going throughout the day, and thus it is very important to ensure that your breakfast is as healthy as possible. With rising culture of having toast for breakfast, we all have forgotten the amazing superfoods that have been ever present in our Indian culture, and today we got one of them on your dining table. An amazing and super healthy superfood - Ragi. Also known as finger-millet, the goodness of Ragi is much beyond being gluten-free. It is the biggest staple in South India. Rich in fibre, it can even help with weight loss. Here we present a unique yet extremely healthy and tasty Ragi Chilla Recipe which will make you forget the boring daily breakfast menu!!!
Preparation and Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Ragi Flour- ½ Cup
Sooji- ¾ Cup (If you prefer Gluten Free Chilla then substitute Sooji with Kuttu Flour (Buckwheat Atta))
Oats: ¼ Cup
Curd- 1 Cup
Onion (Finely chopped)-2
Green Chilli (Chopped)- 2
Red Chilli Powder- 1/4 th Teaspoon
Peri Peri Powder: 2 Pinches
Salt: To Taste
Water- As required
Oil/ Ghee- 2 Tablespoon
1. Mix Ragi Flour, Sooji, Oats and Curd in a bowl.
2. Add water as required to the mix to make a batter of thick consistency.
3. Cover and Keep this batter aside for 15 minutes.
4. After it is well rested, add the onions, green chilli, salt and red chilli powder to the batter.
5. Mix it well.
6. Heat a pan and add half a tablespoon oil (or ghee), once it heats, add one-two ladles full of batter and spread it to make a round Chilla.
7. Sprinkle a pinch of peri peri powder over it for enhanced taste.
8. Flip it, add half a tablespoon oil (or ghee) and cook it evenly on both sides.
9. Make another Chilla in a similar way.
Your scrumptious and healthy Ragi Chilla is ready. You can serve it with a chutney, sauce or pickle of your choice.
Full of goodness and enriched with super nutritious ingredients, we hope you enjoy this energizing and super healthy breakfast with your family!