Cheesy Pizza Bread Rolls: The perfect snack for any evening!3 minute
By Likita Gowda
I don’t know about you, but I am thoroughly enjoying the weather right now. The constant downpours have me always craving for some yummy snacks and hot chai or coffee to go with it. And there’s one particular snack that I have been enjoying a lot lately this monsoon season. It is a combination of two of my most favourite things to eat - bread rolls and pizza! This amazing cheesy bread roll recipe is an absolute treat! Especially if you are bored of eating your regular pakoras then you must try these out. I find these yummier and better than your regular mozzarella sticks as these are loaded with veggies & packed with flavour. Want to try them out? Then here’s how you can make them!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp crushed garlic
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1 cup capsicum (finely chopped)
1 cup mushrooms (finely chopped)
1 cup boiled corn
A few Basil leaves
2 tbsp Pizza sauce
1 tsp chilli flakes
2 tsp oregano or Pizza seasoning
Salt to taste
1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
4 slices of white bread
1 tbsp all purpose flour
Oil for frying
- Heat oil in a pan. To this add the crushed garlic & saute it for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the onions and saute them till they are translucent.
- Start adding the vegetables. First add the mushrooms and the capsicum. Toss them for a while.
- Now add corn to the mix. Ensure that you don’t overcook these.
- Once all the veggies are sauteed, add salt, pizza seasoning or oregano & pizza sauce.
- Mix everything well, turn off the flame & add basil leaves to this dish.
- Keep this veggie mix aside & let it cool down completely. Once completely cooled, mix the mozzarella cheese to this mix.
- Take an adequate quantity of oil for frying in a pan and keep it on a low flame. While the oil heats up, get your bread rolls ready.
- To make the rolls, first trim off the edges of the bread slices. Now take a slice of bread and lightly dampen it with water. Squeeze out any excess water.
- Taking your bread slice in your palm, place a spoon of the vegetable & cheese mix in the middle and carefully make a roll.
- Get all the rolls ready and lightly dust them with all purpose flour to remove any excess moisture.
- Once the oil has heated, keep the flame on medium-high heat & gently drop the rolls one by one in the oil. Ensure that you don’t overcrowd the pan.
- Fry the rolls for 2-3 mins or until they turn golden brown and crispy on all sides.
- Once they are done, take them out on a tissue paper to help remove excess oil.
- Your bread rolls are now ready to be served.
- Serve them with ketchup or any sauce of your choice & enjoy them hot!
If you liked this recipe, do try it out & tag us @girlsbuzzindia on Instagram with your cheesy bread roll moment.
PS: Don’t forget to enjoy that satisfying cheese pull before you eat them!