Cook Creamy And Delicious Masoor Dal at Home2 minute
By Vaishnavi Srivastava
Spicy and hot tadke wali dal is one of the best sides to have with delicious curry and rice or chapati. And you know what? Masoor dal is the perfect option when it comes to having some exotic and creamy taste that melts like butter in your mouth.
So today, we’re gonna prepare this yummy, creamy, and flavourful masoor dal in the comfort of our home with the ingredients that are readily available in our kitchen and are super healthy as well!
So without much ado, let’s get started!
Preparation time- 10 minutes
Cooking time- 45 minutes
- Masoor dal - 1 cup
- Onions - 3 to 4
- Garlic cloves - 7 to 8
- Tomatoes - 2
- Coriander leaves
- Cooking oil
- Fresh cream (malai)
- Spices- red chilli powder, salt, hot spice mix, coriander powder
- Ginger garlic paste
To cook masoor daal-
- Soak 1 cup of masoor dal in water for around 5 to 6 hours before cooking.
- Take the cooker and add water slightly above the level.
- Add in salt to taste, finely chopped garlic cloves and ginger.
- Put the cooker on a low flame and let it cook for a good 30 to 40 minutes.
To prepare the tadka-
- By the time your masoor dal is cooking, finely chop the onions, tomatoes and 3-4 garlic cloves.
- Now take a pan and add around two to three tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Let the oil heat and then add finely chopped onions and 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste.
- Add in the garlic cloves and saute them well until the onion turns golden-brown.
- Now add in the chopped tomatoes and mix them well.
- Now add all the spices and fry the masala well till it is completely cooked.
- Now that your tadka is ready, pour the masoor dal in the pan and mix well.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add some whisked fresh cream and mix it well.
- Let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add some butter and you’re done!
Serve hot and enjoy the creamy, spicy and delicious masoor dal with chapati and rice!
This was it for today’s recipe and I hope you will try this out at home and will enjoy this meal just as much as I did!
Do let us know in the comments below how you like it and what special twists you gave to your recipe!