Crispy & Flavourful Sabudana Vada - Navratri Special!1 minute
By Vaishnavi Srivastava
We have officially entered the festive season and we already are super excited about all the colors and sparkles of the festivals that are about to come! It’s time when we try out tons of recipes and please our taste buds like never before.
Starting off with a recipe that is perfect for fasting in the Navratras. Here's presenting super delicious, flavourful, and crispy sabudana vadas for you!
Let’s get started!
- 1 Cup soaked sabudana (sago)
- 3-4 Green Chillies (chopped)
- Sendha namak (rock salt)
- 5-6 Boiled potatoes
- ½ Cup peanuts (ground)
- Coriander leaves
- Mash the boiled potatoes on a plate and add soaked sabudana in it.
- Add chopped green chilies, coriander leaves, ground peanuts, and sendha namak and mix them well.
- Mix everything thoroughly and form a thick consistency.
- Now make small circular tikkis or vadas.
- Put a pan on a low flame and add a considerate amount of ghee.
- Once the ghee is hot enough, add in 4-5 vadas and fry them well.
- Serve them hot with tea!
Yes! Making sabudana vadas was this easy!
Do try this recipe out to snack on some crispy vadas with hot chai to satisfy your evening craving on a fast day!
Note: If you do not consume coriander leaves during fasting, then skip using them in the recipe.