Easy Peasy and Cheesy Poha Cutlet For Your Brekkie!2 minute
By Vaishnavi Srivastava
It’s that time of the year, guys! The monsoons have knocked on our doors and the perfect time for pakoras and cutlets with a cup of chai has come!
With a plateful of hot and crispy cutlets to munch on, some soft music playing in the background and the subtle fragrance of raindrops falling on the mud has your mornings sorted, right? Here’s a super easy recipe that won’t have you sweating around and will be ready in just a few minutes. Making poha in the traditional style is too cliche, why not try out something new and surprise your taste buds with the burst of flavours and cheese?
Without any ado, let’s get started with the recipe!
Preparation time- 15 minutes
Cooking time- 15 minutes
- Poha - 1 cup
- Boiled potatoes - 7-8
- Green chillies - 2
- Grated cheese - 2 cubes
- Red chilli powder
- Dry mango powder
- Vegetable oil
- Wash the poha under water thoroughly for about 2-3 times and transfer it into a pot by draining out all the water.
- Mash the boiled potatoes. Mix the poha and potatoes together to form a dough.
- Add red chilli powder, green chillies, dry mango powder, and salt.
- Mix them well and add grated cheese.
- Mix the cheese well and your dough is finally ready.
- Take a pan and add vegetable oil.
- Keep the flame low. While the oil heats up, make flat tikkis with the dough.
- Once the oil is heated well, add the tikkis to the pan and shallow fry them.
- Take them out on napkins/paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with any sauce or chutney of your choice.
There you have your poha cutlets ready in less than 20 minutes! Enjoy them with a cup of hot tea and some sauce, mayo and chutney!
Do try this recipe out and let us know in the comments section below how it turned out. Till then, stay tuned and we will serve you with more amazing recipes on your platter!