Fried Idli For A Lazy Yet Yummy Brunch2 minute
By Vaishnavi Srivastava
Waking up late after a long night of binge-watching Netflix is something we all have been doing since the time we are stuck at home. This makes us miss our breakfast and lunch schedule quite often and our stomach growls with hunger pangs. The easiest way to satiate our hunger and have a wholesome meal is to prepare a good and heavy brunch.
Fried idli is one amazingly easy yet delicious thing to have as your brunch with a big cup of coffee or tea to get started for your day!
So without further ado, let’s get started!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Green chillies
- Vegetable oil
- Mustard seeds(rai)
- Curry leaves
Making the idlis:
1.Take a bowl and add 2 cups of semolina or sooji.
2. Add 1 to 2 small cups of curd and salt to taste.
3. Add finely chopped onion and green chillies.
4. Mix the ingredients well to form a thick paste.
5. Add one sachet of unflavoured Eno and mix it well.
6. Take your Idli maker and oil the base well.
7. Take the mixture and set it in the sections well.
8. Set your idli maker adding little water.
9. Cover the lid and leave it for about 15-20 minutes.
10. After a good 20 minutes, open the lid and check if the idli is ready.
11. Let it cool down for about 10 minutes and take them out.
Frying the idlis:
- Add a small amount of vegetable oil and let it heat in the pan.
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, and green chillies.
- When the mustard seeds start to pop, add the idlis after cutting them into small pieces.
- Fry them well for about 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot.
That’s it! This is how easily you can make a plate of yummy and fluffy fried idlis and enjoy them with a cup of your favourite beverage.
This is the perfect and easiest brunch recipe for a lazy day!
Try this out and do let us know how do you like it!