Garlic Pepper Chicken2 minute
By Likita Gowda
Looking for a yummy chicken recipe for the winters? Then look no further as this delicious garlic pepper chicken will have you sorted. The flavours of garlic and pepper make this dish stand out and perfect for cold winter evenings. Rest assured that you can and will enjoy this pepper chicken even if you are in a place with no winters or are in an area with a warmer climate. My mouth is literally salivating even as I write about this dish, so you must know how yummy and tempting it is! Anyhow, enough of my rambling and let’s dive straight into the process of making this mouthwatering recipe.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
500 gms Chicken
1 Medium sized Onion - Sliced
15 to 20 Cloves of Garlic - roughly chopped
6 Green Chillies - slit (Alter quantity depending on heat tolerance)
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tbsp Pepper Powder
2 tbsp Oil
A few Curry Leaves
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan and add chopped garlic to it. Saute them on a low flame for a couple of minutes until you get a nice aroma of the garlic.
2. Now add slit green chillies and sliced onions to the pan and saute till onions turn translucent.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and & fry till its raw smell goes away.
4. Add turmeric powder to the mix and stir it all together.
5. Now add chicken, salt as required and mix well. Cook on medium to high heat for 5 minutes.
6. Add some water and cover your pan with a lid. Cook on medium to low heat while stirring occasionally in between.
7. Meanwhile, take a tadka pan or a small vessel and heat oil in it. Once the oil is hot, add your curry leaves in it to make them crispy and turn off the flame.
8. Once the chicken is cooked, add pepper powder and mix well.
9. Switch off the heat and garnish with crispy curry leaves.
Garlic pepper chicken is ready to eat!