How to make delicious pancakes (without eggs) that melt in your mouth!4 minute
As soon as we wake up, we start thinking about the deadlines to meet and work to complete. Although there is one more thing that we think about the most. Can you guess? It's food. We start thinking about what to have at breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout the day (especially if we are a foodie).
In Indian families, it is generally seen that almost all the mothers make stuffed bread (parathas) with curd for breakfast. Sometimes, we eat cornflakes in milk or bread sandwiches when there is less time to cook anything. Well, if you are someone who wants to take some rest from those oily stuffed bread or cornflakes, pancakes are here for your rescue. Pancakes are the best breakfast as they are fulfilling and do not make you feel heavy (don't make you sleepy as well). So, here is a recipe that you must try out and relish.
- Whole wheat flour- 1 cup
- Salt- a pinch
- Baking powder- 1 spoon
- Cinnamon powder- 10 grams
- Sugar- 3 spoons
- Milk- 2 cups
- Unsalted butter- 2 spoons
First of all, make sure that you mix the dry and wet ingredients separately.
- Take a mixing bowl. Sieve the whole wheat flour and put it in the bowl.
- Add salt in the batter and make sure that that you use unsalted butter (otherwise, the salt volume will increase)
- Add sugar to enhance the taste of the pancakes.
- Put baking powder and cinnamon powder for taste.
- Mix them properly till everything combines well.
- Take milk in a bowl and put it on a low flame on gas.
- Keep the milk warm and bring down the bowl from the gas.
- Add unsalted butter/oil to it.
- Add vanilla flavor (optional)
- Mix everything for a minute.
Final Mixing of Ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients in the wet ingredients slowly while whisking them well.
- Ensure that there are no lumps and the batter is flowy and smooth.
- In case the batter is thick, you can add milk to it and make a pourable consistency.
- Your batter is ready!
Process of making Pancakes.
- Take a pan and start heating it on a high flame.
- Spread oil or butter on the pan.
- Pour two tablespoons of batter gently onto the pan and spread it a litlle and ensure that there are no breaks in between.
- Put the flame low and cook the pancake.
- You will see bubbles in the pancakes (fret now! It is a good sign)
- Check the base and turn it when it becomes golden brown.
- Again, check the base and wait till it becomes golden brown.
- Take out the pancake and put it on a plate.
- Your pancake is ready to eat!
Wait! You cannot have the pancakes alone. You must add more flavours and complimentary food to make it more fulfilling and enticing to eat.
Here are the things you can add to your delicious pancakes.
Go Minimal with Honey
If you like the minimal taste, don’t hesitate to add honey to the pancake. Just remember that you must not add extra sugar to the batter as honey will make it sweeter. Try having it with hot or cold coffee or milkshake. Besides, the best thing is that not only kids but people of all ages will love the dish. Try it at your home today!
For All the Chocolate Lovers
Amazing recipe for all the chocolate lovers out there! Make pancake and drizzle melted chocolate on them for a mouthwatering experience. If your kids are choosy and do not eat food on time, making pancakes with chocolate on top will attract them and they will definitely have food on time. So, what are you waiting for! Try this recipe out today.
Full of Nutrition
If you are a health freak and want to add more nutrition to pancakes, fruits like strawberries or bananas complement the recipe very well. Do not hesitate to try more fruits like kiwi or pineapple on top and enjoy the summer days with scrumptious food.
Do you love having seasonal berries? Well, you can also add berries to the pancake for a better taste. Some berries such as, raspberry and blueberry are good complementary add-ons to the recipe of pancakes. This does not only tastes better but also clicks better. Put it on your gram and make people jealous (wink wink)!
Do you want to try experimenting more with food?
Well, you can add food colours and make colourful pancakes as seen in the image below. You can find food colours from anywhere in the market or online easily. These pancakes are best for special occasions when you want to add more colour to your life by having colourful food.
Hurry and make your pancakes to get out of your monotonous routine of having stuffed bread and cornflakes. As someone has said,”All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast’’. Go and have one!