Quick and Easy Gajar Ka Halwa(Carrot Halwa)4 minute
By Anuradha Sharma
Craving for that yummy mouthful of carroty goodness? We got you covered. This one recipe is super easy to make and at the same time reasonably low in fat content as well. The most common ingredient for making Gajar ka Halwa apart from the carrots is Khoya or Mawa. Mostly it’s a pain to get the same from the market especially when you are concerned about its purity. The beauty of this recipe is that it doesn’t require mawa at all! In fact, all the ingredients used to make it are mostly available at everyone’s home. We subtracted the calories of Khoya and oodles of Ghee, bringing forth only mouthwatering heavenly carrot dessert, made with less ghee and lots of love!
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 Minutes
Carrots (Finely Grated)- 1 Kilogram
Ghee- 1 Tablespoon
Milk- 1 ½ Cup
Milk Powder- 3 Tablespoon
Sugar- 1 ½ Tablespoon
Elaichi Powder (Cardamom Powder)- ¼ Teaspoon
Kaju (Cashews)- 8-10
Pistachios (Slivered)- 8-10
- Wash the carrots thoroughly and then finely grate them.
- Roast the Cashews in ghee till the cashews turn light golden.
- Remove the roasted dry fruit from the ghee into a bowl.
- Heat the same ghee and add grated carrots, sauté them for 5-6 minutes on medium flame or till the excess water evaporates. Stir continuously.
- Now add milk and sauté them for another 10 minutes till the milk gets absorbed completely by the carrots.
- Add sugar and milk powder and stir for another 3-4 minutes till a thick consistency is achieved.
- Get the pan off the flame and add the cardamom powder, roasted cashews and pistachios to the halwa.
8. Mix well.
Your awesome, healthy and easy Gajar Ka Halwa is ready. Serve it piping hot and garnish it with a few dry fruits before serving.
We hope the calorie-conscious people out there find this recipe a perfect treat to satisfy their sweet tooth! We would love to hear your views on this recipe.