The Best Potato Recipes That You Never Knew Existed!3 minute
Potato is one of the root vegetables that is used all over the world. There are different recipes for potatoes that come from all over the globe. Many people, especially those who diet and take fewer calories, are under the impression that these are high in calories. However, what they aren’t aware of is that potatoes have many benefits for our health.
This vegetable has antioxidant properties and they help us stay away from heart diseases or diabetes. This tasty vegetable is gluten-free and helps in digestion as well. Besides, the best thing about potatoes is that they are filling and healthy. So, now you know the truth about potatoes. You must definitely not avoid this flavourful veggie. Having said this, here are some of the best potato recipes that we have listed for you.
Potato Recipe 1: English Potato Salad Recipe
- 200 grams potato
- 1 egg (boiled)
- 1 spoon Salt
- 1 spoon mayonnaise
- 1 spoon Parsley
- 1 spoon mustard seeds
- 1 spoon ground black pepper
- Put the potatoes in the pressure cooker. Then, take out the potatoes and peel the cover.
- Cut potatoes as well as eggs into 4-5 pieces.
- In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, eggs, potatoes, mustard seeds, black pepper and salt.
- Put the bowl in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Take it out and garnish the potatoes with parsley.
- Serve it fresh!
Add garlic or different spices of your choice to enhance the taste.
Potato Recipe 2: Melting Potatoes
- 2 potatoes
- 20 grams butter
- 1 spoon thyme
- 1 spoon rosemary
- 2 spoons chopped parsley
- 1 spoon salt
- Half spoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- Cut the potatoes into 7-8 pieces.
- In a bow, put melted butter, thyme, rosemary, parsley, salt, pepper and grated cloves
- Mix them well.
- Put potato pieces in the mixture and mix them well.
- Put the potatoes in the oven and heat them at 150 Degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Take them out when they are golden brown.
- Decorate them with sauce on your plate.
- Enjoy eating!
Sprinkle different spices for a better taste.
Potato Recipe 3: Dauphinoise Potatoes
- 200 grams Cream
- Half a cup Milk
- 3 Garlic cloves
- A few leaves of Thyme
- 2 Potatoes
- Preheat the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take a bowl and put cream, milk, garlic, thyme in it.
- Mix potatoes in the mixture.
- Put the whole mixture on a baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake until it becomes golden brown (approximately 10 minutes).
- Take it out and serve it hot!
Along with potatoes, you can add other vegetables like mushrooms, peas, etc.
Potato Recipe 4: Quick Tamarind Potato Curry
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Small piece of ginger
- 2 green or red chilies
- 2 spoons Oil
- 1 spoon Cumin seeds
- Half a spoon of Fennel seeds
- Two spoons of ground Coriander
- 2 tomatoes (small size)
- 1 spoon Sugar
- Boil the potatoes in salted water to make them soak the saltiness.
- In another pan, turn on the gas and put oil, onion, garlic, ginger, chili.
- Add water to the mixture when they start sizzling.
- Put potatoes and give them some time to boil.
- Put some coriander for a better look and serve with rice.
- Have happy eating!
Potato Recipe 5: Parmesan Potato Wedges
- 4 Potatoes
- 2 spoon olive oil
- 1 spoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 spoon Oregano
- Parmesan (or any other cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 300 Degrees Celsius.
- Till then, cut the potatoes into wedges in a bowl.
- Put olive oil, salt, garlic, oregano chilly and mix them well.
- Put the potatoes in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take them out when they become golden brown.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley and other spices (whatever you like)
- Serve them hot. Relish the dish!
Are you drooling over the images already? Don’t delay more and cook these easy recipes for yourself and your loved ones now!