The biggest list of the most useless facts: 101 things you didn't need to know6 minute
If you are looking to procrastinate or waste your time on some fun, interesting and entertaining useless facts, then you are in the right place. Presenting you with 101 useless facts you definitely didn't need to know!!
1. The opposite sides of a dice will always add up to seven.
2. Playing dance music can help ward off mosquitoes. (Guess what I’ll be playing today?)
3. The King of Hearts is the only king in a deck of cards without a mustache.
4. "Dreamt" is the only word in the English language that ends with "mt."
5. If you open your eyes in a pitch-black room, the color you'll see is called "eigengrau."
6. Cats can't taste sweet things because of a genetic defect.
7. A group of hippos is called a "bloat."
8. Elephants can’t jump
9. It’s impossible to hum while holding your nose (If you don’t believe it, why don’t you try it?).
10. It’s impossible to tickle yourself. (Imagine the agony if it was possible!!!)
11. Dr. Seuss invented the word “nerd.” (Now I know whom to blame)
12. Queen Elizabeth II is a trained mechanic. (Excuse me?!)
13. Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
14. You spray 2.5 drops of saliva per word. (It’s probably double the amount for that Main Hoon Na professor)
15. An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
16. Barbie’s full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
17. 101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, and Mulan are the only Disney cartoons where both parents are present and don’t die throughout the movie.
18. More Monopoly money is printed in a year than actual money throughout the world.
19. Singing in a group boosts morale. (Okay, first let me build some up to join the group)
20. Women hiccup less than men.
21. It’s been calculated that the average woman will “eat” about four pounds of lipstick throughout the course of her life.
22. On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.
23. Dragonflies have six legs but can’t walk.
24. Bears don’t poop during hibernation. (hmmm)
25. Animals that lay eggs don’t have belly buttons.
26. Mosquitoes are attracted to people who just ate bananas. (Now I know why!)
27. Emus and kangaroos cannot walk backward.
28. Children tend to grow faster in the spring.
29. Babies are born without kneecaps.
30. A Lego brick made in 1960 will fit perfectly with a Lego brick made today.
31. The thumb nail grows the slowest, the middle nail the fastest, nearly 4 times faster than toenails.
32. "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
33. Salt used to be a currency.
34. Your brain uses 10 watts of energy to think and does not feel pain.
35. Hippopotamus milk is pink.
36. Your fingernails grow faster when you are cold.
37. Snails take the longest naps with some lasting as long as three years. (I wish I was a snail!!)
38. Goats have rectangular pupils in their eyes.
39. Cans of diet soda will float in water but regular soda cans will sink.
40. Your feet typically produce a pint of sweat every single day.
41. 20% of all the oxygen you breathe is used by your brain.
42. A tsunami can travel as fast as a jet plane.
43. On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.
44. A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
45. A dentist invented the electric chair. (I guess people didn’t care about dental health back then!)
46. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
47. If you yelled for eight years, seven months, and six days, you would have produced enough
sound energy to heat one cup of coffee. (I do that every Monday!)
48. The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet. (I guess movies don’t seem so dramatic right now!)
49. One in five country music songs refers to alcohol, one in three to tears, and one in seven to “mama”. (Priority!)
50. If you lift a kangaroo’s tail off the ground, it can’t jump.
51. It’s possible to turn peanut butter into diamonds, and one man accomplished it. (I guess, where there's a will, there's a way?)
52. There are only two countries in the world where you can’t buy Coca Cola – Cuba and North Korea.
53. There was a lawsuit that took place trying to prove that Pringles aren’t actually potato chips. (Like that would stop us from eating it!)
54. The inventor of Pringles is actually buried in a Pringles can. (This definitely would!!)
55. Simply taking just 1 step uses over 200 muscles in the body. (That’s why I don’t bother)
56. You are 13.8 % more likely to die on your birthday, than any other day. (Now that’s a big party pooper!)
57. Every year more than 2,500 left-handed people are killed from using right-handed products.
58. Redhead with blue eyes is the rarest color combination of all for human beings.
59. The life expectancy of a human eyelash is 150 days.
60. Pirates wore eye patches so that their eye would always be acclimated to the darkness, allowing them to see in the darkness below decks in an instant. (Was I the only one who thought they didn’t have an eye???)
61. The microwave was invented by accident. Engineer Percy Spencer walked by a radar set and the candy bar in his pocket melted.
62. Every continent except Antarctica has a city called Rome.
63. There’s a trademark on the world’s darkest shade of black, called vantablack. (I vanta black!)
64. Sony’s first product was the electrical rice cooker.
65. The most common password in 2020 is “123456”, followed by “123456789”, “qwerty” and the famous “password.” (Guilty!!)
66. Marie Curie’s 100-year-old belongings are still radioactive, including her clothes, furniture, laboratory notes.
67. The chicken came before the egg, according to the Bible. (Finally an answer!!!)
68. Antarctica is the largest unclaimed territory on Earth.
69. Barbie and her boyfriend Ken broke up in 2004, but they got together again in 2011.
70. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
71. Almonds are members of the peach family. (How did that happen??)
72. The word “School” comes from the ancient Greek for “FREE TIME”. (The irony!!)
73. It’s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. (I dare you to try it)
74. There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.
75. The “dot” over the letter “i” is called a tittle.
76. Flamingos can only eat with their heads upside down.
77. Pogonophobia is the fear of beards.
78. It’s physically impossible for a pig to look up at the sky.
79. Mosquitoes have contributed to more deaths than any animal on earth.
80. A chameleon can move its eyes in two different directions at the same time.
81. A giraffe can go longer without water than a camel can.
82. Putting sugar on a wound or cut will greatly reduce pain and shorten the healing process.
83. Real diamonds do not show up on X-ray.
84. Your cellphone carries up to ten times more bacteria than a toilet seat. (Now this is going to keep me up for days)
85. If you count from 1 to 1,000,000 your lips won't touch until you reach 1,000,000.
86. Try to breathe and swallow at the same time. You can't.
87. It's also impossible to hum while holding your nose.
88. You can't stand backwards on stairs. (I can’t undo it!!)
89. Every odd number has an "E".
90. The "ueue" in "queue" is silent.
91. Not once in the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme does it mention that he's an egg.
92. Orange, the color, was named after orange, the fruit. (Finally got the answer!)
93. The lint that collects in the bottom of your pockets has a name — gnurr.
94. The world is just a big cat playing with Australia.
95. Hot water turns to ice faster than cool water. This is known as the Mpemba effect.
96. Before the computer mouse was known as a mouse, it was known as the turtle. (Mine is definitely a turtle!)
97. Your fingernails grow faster on your dominant hand.
98. Dolphins give each other names. (Now that’s just cute)
99. People used to answer the phone by saying "ahoy" instead of "hello."
100. Those metal studs on your jeans have a name and a purpose. (I thought they were as useless as these facts!)
101. The chicken and the ostrich are the closest living relatives of the Tyrannosaurus rex. (Sureee)
Now try and impress your friends with these facts!!