What's Buzzing This Week?2 minute
We are back again with this week’s news snippets::
1. NASA appointed Bhavya Lal who is an Indian American by origin, as the acting chief of the US Space Agency.
2. Bihar Govt to award Rs 25,000 for girls clearing intermediate exam and Rs 50,000 for completing graduation.
3. In an attempt to convey a message of a pollution-free environment and empowerment of women in society, two women from Bihar and Uttarakhand began a cycling expedition from the Wagah border to Arunachal Pradesh.
4. Shinjini Kumar, first Chief executive at Paytm Payments Bank and a member of its founding team, Aditi Sholapurkar, are planning for the launch of the Salt app, a financial services platform for women, along with Chaitra Chidanand, co-founder of the fintech company Simpl. The Salt App aims to broaden the scope and promote the use of financial services for women through a community-based approach.
5. Indian women's cricket is finally scheduled to commence next month which has been long overdue. According to a Cricbuzz report, a full-fledged limited home series against South Africa will be declared by the BCCI next month.
6.The gender budget rose by 6.8 percent in the 2021 Union Budget- Rs 1.43.461.72 crore to 1.53.326 crore in the 2020-21 budget projections.
Interested in knowing more about the Union Budget 2021-2022? Here are some important highlights, especially for women!