What's Buzzing This Week?2 minute
Here’s your weekly dose of some amazing news that you need to know now!
1. Uttarakhand gets a twenty-two women strong commando squad for anti-terrorism operations. This makes Uttarakhand the fourth state in the country to have an all-women commando force.
2. 85% of working women in India have missed out on a raise & promotion and have had their careers impacted because of their gender, according to Linkedin’s Opportunity Index 2021 report.
3. Wondering if women have reaped the benefits of the financial inclusion & entrepreneurship schemes launched by the government? Read the following article to know more.
4. India’s oldest all-women co-operative, Shri Mahila Griha Udyog Lijjat Papad has been putting women first and raking in profits for the last 62 years. And now its success story will be made into a movie by the renowned filmmaker, Ashutosh Gowarikar.
5. The birth of every girl child is celebrated with festive fervour in Haridaspur, a village 70 km from Hyderabad. Read about this amazing tradition here.
6. Gender equality gets a push with the Tokyo Olympics adding 12 women to its executive board. The organising committee will now have 19 women among its 45 members, taking the percentage of women in the board to 42%.
7. 21-year-old ace athlete Hima Das has been inducted as Deputy Superintendent in Assam Police in the presence of chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal. She has described the moment as a childhood dream coming true.