What's Buzzing This Week?2 minute
We are back again with this week’s news snippets:
1. A maiden contingent of 34 CRPF women's troops was recently inducted into its specialised jungle warfare commando force CoBRA, which will soon be stationed in the country's anti-Naxal operations grid. It's been an all-male affair for this unit so far.
2. Tanishka Sujit, a native of Indore, has created history by clearing the 12th-grade exams at the age of 12 and is now pursuing graduation at Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya at the age of 13.
3. Ayesha Aziz, a 25-year-old from Kashmir, has become the youngest female pilot in the nation. Aziz claims that Kashmiri Women are doing very well and have made great progress in the field of education in the last few years.
4. Munita, daughter of a construction worker, breaks an under-20 race walk record. Munita's father Biraju used to work at building sites in Mumbai until 2010. But he got electrocuted and had to be out of work for the next three years.
5. A greater portion of the Rs 1,000 crore fund declared in the Union Budget for the welfare of Tea Workers will be used for women working in tea estates and their children in Assam and West Bengal.
6. PM Modi's Standup India: SC/ST loans, women entrepreneurs jump 21 percent; approved loan amount close to Rs 25k crores. Women entrepreneurs accounted for more than 81% of account holders as of 17 February 2020, who were the major beneficiaries of the Standup India scheme.
Need inspiration for your own startup. Read more about online businesses you can start quickly and earn well.