What's Buzzing This Week?2 minute
We are back again with this week’s news snippets-
1. All-women Indian pilot crew makes history by completing the country's longest commercial flight. The crew of four Air India cockpit crew members flew a 17-hour flight on Monday, according to a statement issued by the airline.
2. Telangana Women Become 'Linemen' defying gender norms
3. Maharashtra: Fire in the belly, rural women turn up to enlist for the Army.
4. Women will be inducted into the Army Aviation Corps as pilots next year, Indian Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane said on Tuesday. So far, women are only part of the Army Aviation Corps' ground duties.
5. NTPC, the state-run power producer which is developing and managing the Pakri-Barwadih coal mine in Jharkhand, has for the first time appointed women to operate large dump trucks.
6. The Assam Government has provided women and senior citizens with free bus travel. Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal flagged 25 pink buses reserved for women and senior citizens to travel in Guwahati City under the 'Bhraman Sarathi' scheme.
Inspired by these career women defying gender norms? Find out how Careers For Women Have Evolved Post The Pandemic.