What's Buzzing This Week?2 minute
Here's your weekly dose of some interesting news you need to know right now!
1. Manufacturing firms are employing more women in non-traditional jobs.
2. Mithali Raj, the veteran batter, became the first player in women's ODI cricket history to complete 7,000 runs
3. Beyonce made Grammys history on March 15 by becoming the most decorated musician and the winningest woman in the history of the music industry's top awards gala.
4. A study conducted by Pan-IIM shows a lack of equal opportunities for women.
5. The women's 100m final, which featured influential names such as Dutee Chand and Hima Das, was the most anticipated race at the Federation Cup athletics meet in Patiala on Tuesday. S Dhanalakshmi of Tamil Nadu, on the other hand, took first place with a timing of 11.39 seconds.
6. Mithali Raj, the veteran batter, became the first Indian woman cricketer and the second internationally to complete 10,000 runs in all formats.
7. A recent survey shows a large increase in the number of unemployed workers in Delhi during the lockdown, with women bearing the brunt of the layoff.
8. Annu Rani, a Meerut girl, wins gold in the Federation Cup Championship.