What's Buzzing This Week?3 minute
We are back again with this week’s news snippets:
1. NITI Aayog has launched a Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) to provide an ecosystem for budding and existing women entrepreneurs across the country. SIDBI has partnered with NITI Aayog to support this initiative.
2. In an attempt to digitize the small towns of Bharat and strengthen women's entrepreneurship in the country, eSamudaay has launched Kamaal Ke Dus – a women's entrepreneurship program that helps young women to set up and operate independent e-commerce markets in small towns in India.
3. Indian women boxers win five gold medals at the Adriatic Pearl Tournament.
4. CEAT Tyres recently introduced the concept of women-only CEAT Shoppes operated across India. Through the all-women CEAT Shoppe, the business strives to provide empowerment for women in the male-dominated tyre industry.
5. A newly formed all-women band of the Delhi Police played in front of the general public at the India Gate.
6. A 21-year-old swimming trainer has become the youngest woman to row solo across the Atlantic Ocean.
7. Women in India have been found to be more employable than men in India, according to the India Skills Report 2021. Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and Uttar Pradesh have emerged as the top three states with the highest employability.
8. Women in Saudi Arabia can now take up arms and join the military, the latest profession in the kingdom to open up to female recruits.
9. Meet Dr. Swati Mohan, an Indian-American scientist behind NASA's rover landing at Mars.
10. Australian Open: Naomi Osaka defeated Jennifer Brady in straight sets in the finals to win the women's singles title on Saturday.
11. For the first time in Karnataka State Police history, after three years of service, eleven women constables were promoted to head constables. Earlier, the personnel had to wait as long as 20 years to be promoted to head Constable.
Want to know more about entrepreneurship? Check out our blog on online businesses you can start quickly and earn well.