What's Buzzing This Week?2 minute
We are back again with this week’s news snippets:
1. Three women aim to break the taboos surrounding women's wellbeing in relation to fitness through a new digital platform called The Well HQ. Breast care, pelvic floor muscles, urinary incontinence, menopause and period are addressed through this platform.
2. Single women from Maharashtra's villages emerge as leaders In Gram Panchayat Elections. Villages in the Marathwada area have many single women who are either widowed or remain single due to caste or health problems. These women have dared to step against the patriarchal system and the caste norms to leave their mark.
3. Two IAF female pilots break the glass ceiling, script history at the R-Day parade. Flight Lieutenant Swati Rathore was proud to be the first woman to be part of the Rajpath flypast as she flew a Mi-17 V5 helicopter in the formation of four choppers. While Flight Lieutenant Bhawana Kanth, 28, became the first woman fighter pilot to participate in the R-Day parade.
4. More than 139 million women and girls in India are currently using modern methods of contraception, according to a recent report published by FP2020.
5. An Apple Watch helped the police track down a kidnapped woman in the United States. Police in Selma, Texas has reportedly used the Apple Watch's emergency SOS feature to find the abducted woman and save her.
6. India celebrates National Child Day every year on the 24th of January. The day is an initiative of the Ministry of Women and Child Development and reflects on the need to resolve the problems that girls face in Indian society due to gender bias.
7. Three Women are transforming the future of women's health by bringing a new generation of FemTech products to the market. One of them is Breathe ilo, the world's first fertility tracker to use breath analysis to determine a woman's ovulation pattern and fertile window in a way that is easy and convenient to use.
Looking for more inspiration, read about seven such superwomen who have been awarded the Padma Shri in the last few years and who are single-handedly driving mass transformation.