A Scrumptious 10 Minute OATS Chilla for a Healthy Breakfast…2 minute
By Ruchi Sharma
Eating healthy has never been as important as it has become now. More so, because a good diet is the key to a strong immunity. But eating healthy doesn’t translate into munching on boring boiled veggies or eating tasteless bland food. Rather it is all about knowing your ingredients right. We have got a perfect solution for you for a healthy breakfast or a mid-evening snack which captures all the right ingredients- OATS, Curd and olive oil. Oatmeal is a perfect healthy food that can help in not only lowering blood sugar and cholesterol levels but also is very filling and thus helps in weight loss. But let’s take a break from the regular oatmeal-milk diet and make some scrumptious mouthwatering Chillas for breakfast. Here’s presenting a delicious OATS Chilla Recipe!
Serving: Two Medium Sized Chillas
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Oats: 1 Cup
Rava/ Sooji: 1 Tablespoon
Greek Yoghurt: 90 Gms
Finely Chopped Green Chilli: 1
Finely Chopped Onion: 1
Salt: To taste
Black Pepper: To taste
Olive Oil: 1 Tablespoon
Water: As per requirement
1. Mix curd, oats and sooji a bowl.
2. Add water to form a thick consistency batter. Ensure that no lumps remain in the batter.
3. Add the spices, onion and chilli to the thick batter. Mix well.
4. Leave the batter to rest for 15 minutes. Cover it with a plate or kitchen plastic roll.
5. Take a non-stick pan, put it on the stove on a medium flame.
6. Add 1 Teaspoon Oil and spread it on the pan using a ladle or swirl the pan to spread it.
7. Take half the batter in a dosa making ladle and spread it evenly on the pan.
8. Check whether the bottom side of the chilla has been cooked by lifting an edge with the help of a spatula.
9. Add a little more oil on the top of the chilla.
10. Once it looks cooked; you can easily flip the chilla to the opposite side.
11. Cook on both sides until slight golden brown.
Make the other chilla in similar way! Your perfect healthy breakfast is ready. Serve it with a nice coriander-mint chutney or kairi-pudina chutney or imli chutney. You can even enjoy it with your regular ketchup.
We hope you enjoy this healthy breakfast of piping hot crunchy Oats Chillas and start looking forward to a good start to the mornings instead of dreading the bland food. We will soon come up with more healthy and easy recipes for you. We hope you liked this one, do let us know in the comments section below and do tag us at our Instagram handle @girlsbuzzindia with a happy selfie of you enjoying these scrumptious chillas!!!