15 Budget Ethnic Looks That Will Impress All The Aunties6 minute
Getting glammed up wearing ethnic clothes is probably never going to go out of fashion, at least in the Indian Girl’s Handbook. The Indian fashion industry never fails to surprise by bringing to light something that’s just a little bit more gorgeous than that bedazzled lehenga you were drooling over just the other day. Sometimes, it’s quite alright to give in to temptation and make that purchase to provide your ethnic wear collection with some much-needed refreshment.
The package deal becomes even sweeter when all the looks are affordable AND chic! Read on to take a look at some of the trendiest, budget-friendly ethnic looks we’ve compiled for you to wear at your favourite Mami’s Mehendi function.
Here we go!
1. This Wine Gold Printed Kurta Palazzo with Dupatta has everything good going on. The deep red colour is a hit on all occasions - be it for a sophisticated cocktail and dinner evening or even a vibrant Sangeet on a bright, sunny afternoon. The contrasting gold print adds a touch of traditionality, and the button detailing down the front lends a layer of sophistication. Get it here at just Rs. 1099!
2. This Grey Semi-Stitched Gown has delicate embroidery and cord work done on the top half, making for a very elegant piece that you can wear for any kind of traditional ceremony. The fit-and-flare style is resemblant to the traditional Anarkali and this particular piece gives a slightly dreamy, vintage look to its wearer. Pair it with some jewellery and heels for a stunning look. Get it here at just Rs. 1230!
3. This Pink Fit and Flare Embroidered Gown is the perfect dainty feminine look for all occasions. The lehenga choli is popularly known for being a three-piece attire, which consists of the lehenga (a long skirt) and a fitted blouse known as the choli. Accompanied with a dupatta, the lehenga is usually embroidered or embellished and is a crowd favourite. This embroidered one with net detailing is yours at Rs. 849.
4. This Yellow Kurti with Palazzos & Dupatta lends the perfect dash of brightness that will make heads turn at any event. The flower print on the white dupatta adds a pop of colour and matches perfectly with the yellow on the palazzos. This attire is the perfect combination of modern fashion and ethnic wear. Pair with a nice bracelet and hair accessories to really stand out. Get it here at Rs. 757!
5. This Orange Straight Kurta with Gold Detailing is a casual piece that can be paired with grey/brown leggings for a regular day at work or even an evening party. The round neck and button detailing make it the perfect modern-day chic look. Inspired by both Indian crafts, this piece combines solids and prints to bring about a contemporary twist. This outfit combination is yours at Rupees 650 (Kurti) and Rs 300 (leggings)!
6. This Net and Soft Silk Full Embroidery Semi-Stitched Red Salwar Suit combines the glamour of red and the elegance of silk for a stunning look. The wide round neck allows for the pairing of some shiny jewellery that completes the outfit. The netted top and silk bottom make this the perfect look for an outdoor gathering or ceremony. Get this piece here at just Rs. 1325!
7. This Jacquard semi-stitched Anarkali Gown comes in a beautiful royal blue shade with traces of turquoise blended into it and silver embellishments. The collared V-neck and button detail oozes a sexy yet subtle appearance. This look is perfect for both ceremonies and festivals and is best paired with flats and silver jewellery to accentuate the embellishments. Get it here at Rs. 1,160.
8. This Jacquard and Satin Blend Printed Salwar Suit is best paired with a pair of stilettos for a very trendy look. Coupling it with a set of chunky earrings or even leaving it minimum without any can help complete the look for you to wear for a casual event or an evening party with friends. The gold detail on the Anarkali as well as the palazzo adds just the right amount of flair. It is yours at just Rs. 1340!
9. This Bengali Red Border And White Body Gorod Saree hails from The Murshidabad district of West Bengal, which specializes in the weaving of these saris in which the silk yarns are woven close together. This imparts the famous fine texture to the sarees. Sacred to the Bengalis, the Silk fabric that is used to weave these Garad sarees is never dyed which keeps the purity factor of the fabric intact. Get yours at Rs. 1299!
10. This Green Silk Lehenga Choli with Dupatta Set gives its wearers an enviable silhouette with its fitted waist and A-line hem. The Green and Gold combine to give a royal and elegant look, and the lightweight fabric makes this piece perfect for children to wear. The back comes with a no-fuss string that can be tied according to one’s preference. You can get this piece at Rs. 975 here!
11. This Blue and Orange Readymade Salwar Suit with Dupatta is the stuff of dreams for those who wish to look the part at a Punjabi dance ceremony! It can be paired with your favourite jewelry and flats for a trendy look that you can wear comfortably all day. The light-blue print makes the colours pop even more and the best part is that this piece comes with a matching mask! Get this look here at just Rs. 1395
12. This simplistic Gold A-line Salwar Suit Set should be at the top of your list if you like minimalistic, yet elegant styles. Featuring gorgeous gold motifs, this piece gives you maximum freedom of movement. The top has a buttoned front and a collared V-Neck, allowing you to pair with it the jewellery of your choice. Grab a cute clutch and slip on your favourite stilettos, and you’re good to go! Get it here at Rs. 1110.
13. This Blue Embroidered Semi Stitched Anarkali Long Gown comes in a free size version that will become a worthy addition to your ethnic wardrobe. Created and embellished with the help of some of the finest net fabric and embroidery, this piece is an excellent combination of both comfort and style. Due to its lightweight, it can be worn for any occasion, and paired with matching sandals will make for a highly appealing casual look. Get yours here at Rs. 525
14. This Beige and Red Chiffon Tant Saree with Blouse Piece captures all of its wearer's elegance. All the parts of the saree - the body, pallu as well as border play a very significant role in lending a gorgeous look. Pairing this look with gold earrings and bangles is the surest way of making heads turn at any event you grace with your gorgeous presence. Get this outfit here at Rs. 1299.
15. This Blue and Yellow Lehenga Choli Set comes with intricate embroidery and traditional motifs. The contrasting hues break the monotony, and the off-shoulder choli lends oomph to the wearer. Paring it with the right accessories make this outfit the perfect look for Special Occasions. Get yours here at Rs. 650
Watch this video to mix and match your ethnic pieces to create different looks!