Career options after Bachelor's Degree in Arts8 minute
It's all over grade 10th and 12th again. Figuring out what to do next is the only question that haunts everyone. We understand that choosing a career is an important decision. A career can provide a sense of identity, help you find meaning in your life, and give you financial stability to bring stability to your life. Yet, so many of us are left feeling frustrated because we can't figure out what we want to do with our lives even after graduating with a Bachelor's Degree in Arts. If you are one of those people who have googled 'work from home jobs near me or trying to know whether you can have those amazon jobs because you haven't been able to figure out what you want to do after your bachelors then, join the club!
There’s no set road map for navigating the process of determining your ideal vocation. You need to research what you're interested in and then decide where best to apply those interests - not an easy thing for most people. Here are a few options to consider as career options after a Bachelor's Degree in Arts.
Masters of Arts Degree
What's the better choice than to choose masters of arts once you complete your bachelors. Choosing to opt for a masters degree is the popular choice among the graduates. The supply of college graduates continues to rise every year. Higher education is crucial for graduates as there is huge competition in the market. Soon after graduation, many take up mediocre jobs that don't even demand any degree due to a lack of jobs. Here are a few pointers that one can consider before he or she decides to opt for a master of arts degree
Why masters of arts degree?
- Opt for master's if you desire to start your career as a lecturer or if you aspire to a take up a career in research.
- To enhance your industry expertise and credibility, it's crucial to take up Masters once you complete your bachelor's degree.
- If you want to stand out when you are applying for certain jobs, completing a Masters degree holds a strong profile.
- Masters of arts degree involves an absolute focus on a distinct field of study, which helps you become more competitive in your field.
- Promotions are easier when you have a master’s degree. You can easily level up to senior positions in the company.
- Significantly increase your income with a master’s degree. For example, A undergraduate in journalism will earn far lesser than someone with a masters degree at an entry level.
Who can opt for masters of arts?
It is a requirement to have a bachelor's degree to pursue a master's degree be it in any field of study. The same applies to B.A graduate. Anyone with a bachelor's degree can pursue masters of arts.
How long is masters of arts degree?
1.5 to 2 years - depending upon the subjects you choose. Sometimes, the curriculum decided by the college also influences the length of the course. Check out your desired college requirements whenever you are opting for masters of arts.
MBA (Masters of Administration)
Most of the students from arts bachelor's degree wonder whether to opt for Masters of business administration or not? Whether it is the right choice for a B.A. graduate to opt for MBA as he or she comes from non-business majors? Yes, it is the right choice to make only if you know how MBA can help you in your career. Pursuing MBA is not only a favourite choice of engineers but it's popular among B.A. undergraduates, doctors and lawyers. Though the intention to pursue MBA can differ from person to person, the interest and goal remain the same. Here are few points to consider before you decide to pursue an MBA (masters of administration).
Why MBA (masters of administration)?
- Leadership opportunities in Business Development, Marketing, Human Resource Management, and Finance will be knocking at your door if you become a skilled MBA graduate.
- It doesn't matter if you are a non-business major or not. Someone with bachelors in arts can give a new perspective to solve various business concerns.
- An MBA Helps you to develop skills that are required to run a company. The skills such as people management skills, interpersonal skills, entrepreneurial skills, communication skills and leadership skills are manifested into an MBA student.
- You already know this. MBA graduates enjoy the Highest salary packages among all other graduates.
Who can opt for an MBA?
Anyone with a 3-year bachelor's degree or equivalent can opt for an MBA but he or she needs to graduate with a minimum of 50 percent in his or her undergraduate degree. Once the candidate has a minimum 50 percent score, one needs to apply for various MBA exams to qualify for MBA colleges. The most important MBA exams which place you in a reputed college are - CAT, CMAT, MAT, XAT, NMAT, SNAP, ATMA, and GMAT. Choose any one or more exams depending upon your capabilities.
How long is an MBA program?
Ideally, the MBA program is about two years but the length of the program depends on the university curriculum and on the type of MBA you opted for.
Bachelor of Arts in Law
The sheer volume of general awareness on how to become a lawyer after 10+2 or 12th led many students to choose other programs than opting for LLB. Later after completion of their undergraduate, students then think of becoming a lawyer. However, it's no wrong to go for B.A and then opt for LLB but there are integrated programs that cost you 5 years of time instead of 6. Many universities offer combined BA/LLB degrees in Law which are gaining popularity. If you haven't come across integrated B.A LLB program that's okay. You can still become a lawyer after B.A and then pursue LLB.
Why LLB after B.A?
- Currently, several law firms are hiring graduates with higher degrees such as Masters and PhDs instead of BAs
- It is a necessity to acquire professional education to be a lawyer.
- The basic skill sets required to find success in the legal field can be acquired through studies in an undergraduate degree but LLB imparts desirable learnings that can enhance someone's professional career.
What are the Benefits or advantages of LLB degrees after Bachelors of arts degree?
- The programme is a three-year course that offers the students an opportunity to succeed in their desired careers after graduating.
- Students can choose to pursue further studies such as LLM or MBA in law after that and specialise in certain fields such as corporate law, international arbitration, etc.
- A basic degree in Law can be pursued from a variety of colleges and universities.
- Better opportunity to focus on a specific niche.
- More specialized research programs available to choose from.
- Enhanced scope and depth of knowledge on a particular topic, which sets you apart in the workforce.
- A higher calibre of coursework can lead to better job opportunities or higher pay once you're working in the industry - it's all about prestige these days!
How to become a lawyer after B.A?
After completing a Bachelor's degree in arts you can opt for a Bachelor of Legislative Law ( LLB). For LLB you have to clear CLAT. To apply for the CLAT exam, one should be a graduate with 45 % marks from any recognised university. The course structure of this program is different from regular LLB courses. The student will be taught by a legal practitioner and will receive focus on the specific areas that are researched related to their BA topic.
A job without a degree - Social Media Marketing
If you understand how to use social media platforms and websites to promote a product or service, then you should go for social media marketing. All you have to do is understand your audience and plan a strategy to get that audience to engage with you (your company). Anyone with or without a B. A degree can get into social media marketing and start an amazing career.
Is social media marketing in demand?
Yes, remember that digital media is evolving at an unusual rate. We live in a world where people are embracing social media to communicate with others. They do it as often as they can. More and more people are being active on social media than in their personal life. Though this is a piece of sad news, however, this can be a golden opportunity for companies. Most renowned companies are hiring social media marketers to reach a broader audience. Anyone with or without a B. A degree can get into social media marketing and start a wonderful career.
What skills are needed for social media marketing?
Few skills such as excellent communication, creativity, writing ability, content curation, project Management, aptitude to learn and marketing are crucial to be a social media manager.
How to learn social media marketing?
There are tons of videos and online courses on social media marketing. Every day there is more to learn in social media marketing as trends keep changing. If you are a beginner and don't know where to start then watch this video.
Complete Social Media Marketing Course| Social Media Marketing Tutorial For Beginners
Work from home jobs is becoming more and more popular these days. We live in a digital age where almost anything can be done from a remote location. The field of careers has become always changing with the times, but nearly every job has something remotely related to computers. With so many options out there, it can be difficult for one to pick which career is best suited for them. Check out these links to find out what you can do after you complete graduation. The below links are for anyone who wants to restart their life. These careers are meant for B. A graduate or anyone who is with or without a degree and wishes to experiment with their career.
Career is so important nowadays, that many students are thinking about pursuing higher education after graduation from college. Few of them want to try out differently or say experiment with their life. Many choose arts degrees without focusing on whether they will have a good career or not. The question of whether to choose higher education after graduation or have a shift in the career has bothered many who wanted to get a degree in arts at first but now at the same time desire to have a good career as well. While there have been some changes in the past few years regarding the availability of jobs and career but the question still remains hard for students to figure out.