Easy Chilli Chicken For The Win!2 minute
By Likita Gowda
Spice lovers, I have a reason for you to rejoice! This recipe that I am about to share with you will have you salivating and wanting for more. This is unlike any other chilli chicken recipe that you may have come across as this recipe requires no batter or deep frying. Thereby making it a lot healthier. Sounds exciting? Great! Now before I tell you how to make this amazing dish, let me address our friends who aren’t into anything too spicy. Guys, you needn’t start sweating at the thought of this recipe or the word chilli in here. You can make this dish according to your palate and spice tolerance. Just alter the quantity of green chillies to the bare minimum and voila, you’ll enjoy this dish as much as everyone else. With that out of the way, let’s just jump right into how to make chilli chicken!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serves: 4 to 5
What you’ll need:
1 kg Chicken
For the marinade
15-20 Green chillies (You can add or reduce the chillies here depending on how much heat you can handle)
2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
1 tbsp Oil
1 inch Cinnamon stick
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Green chilli sauce (optional)
Half a tsp of Sugar
Salt to taste
For making the dish
4 tbsp oil
2 medium sized onions
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
8-10 Green Chillies (Alter quantity depending on heat tolerance)
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
- The first thing you’ll need to do is marinate the chicken. For this take green chillies, cinnamon and cloves to your mixer grinder jar and make a paste.
- To a bowl, add chicken, the green chilli paste you just made, ginger garlic paste, soy sauce, green chilli sauce, oil, salt and sugar. The sugar is used to balance out the flavours.
- Ensure you coat the chicken with the marinade properly and let it rest in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions and saute them till they turn translucent.
- Now add slit green chillies and ginger garlic paste & fry till the raw smell disappears.
- Add your marinated chicken and mix well. Cook on medium to high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add some water and cover your pan with a lid. Cook on medium to low heat while stirring occasionally in between.
- Do a taste test and add more salt if required.
- Once your chicken is cooked, add finely chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
Chilli chicken is ready to eat! This makes for a lovely side dish for you to enjoy your meal with. Bon appetit!