What's Buzzing This Week?2 minute
We are back again with this week’s news snippets-
1. The United Kingdom started the year 2021 by abolishing the 5% Value Added Tax (VAT) on women's sanitary care, also referred to as the 'tampon tax.' The measure was promised by the British Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rishi Sunak in March last year.
2. A perfect instance of shattering of the proverbial glass ceiling, the first batch of more than 100 women disaster warriors and rescuers have been inducted into the NDRF (India's federal calamity force).
3. The Bombay High Court's Aurangabad Bench has allowed a transgender to contest village panchayat polls in the women's category, stating that such persons have the right to "self-perceived gender identity"
4. The First Women's Goods Train in India: Three women make history for the Indian Railways
5. Maharashtra govt to support woman Entrepreneurs: The Skill Development Department has set up a 14-member committee, including women delegates from UN, Unesco, Unicef and SNDT Women's University, to set up a dedicated cell for female entrepreneurs.
Inspired by entrepreneurship? We will guide you through some online businesses that you can start TODAY from the comfort of your home and the mini-steps you can take for each of them that will lead you to success: eventually.