What's Buzzing This Week?2 minute
Here’s your weekly dose of news update from us!
1. Women & girls in Punjab will now be able to travel in all government-run busses for free throughout the state from 1st April, 2021. The scheme is estimated to benefit over 1.31 billion women across the state.
2. 43-year-old Preeti Maske from Pune braved the summer heat, fatigue and pain from a shoulder injury & cycled on to become the first woman to complete the 6000 kms golden quadrilateral in record time.
3. United Nations Women has launched the India chapter of global commitment Unstereotype Alliance to challenge stereotyped gender portrayals in advertising.
4. Team India won gold in the women’s Trap Team event in the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup.
5. ‘Shakti’, Hindustan Unilever’s (HUL) rural distribution network is empowering nearly 1.4 lakh women micro-entrepreneurs in the hinterland.
6. IT giant Cognizant has launched The Cognizant Returnship Programme for technology professionals looking to restart their careers after a break.
7. India has slipped 28 places to rank 140th among 156 countries in The World Economic Forum's Global Gender Gap Report 2021.